Host a Fundraising Event
Planning a fundraising event is a great way to bring your community together to raise funds for research in to Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Events organized and run by volunteers are so important to Jesse’s Journey’s success.
There are different types of fundraising events that volunteers often run. We encourage new kinds of events and are interested in hearing your ideas! Here are some examples of common fundraising events:
- Walk or run
- Bake sale
- Golf tournament
- Silent auction
- Dress-down day at work or school
When running an event for Jesse’s Journey, we are happy to provide you with a number of resources:
- Templates to create an event plan and budget, or feedback if your plan is already in place. To download our Event Organizers Handbook click here
- Access to the Jesse’s Journey name and logo – our name and logo must be used within approved guidelines.
- Online event registration and donation processing – through the peer-to-peer fundraising platform called Friends Asking Friends, we are happy to set up a web portal for your participants to register for your event and collect pledges. All donors who give through this platform will automatically receive an official tax receipt.
- Offline donation processing – we are happy to provide pledge envelopes for your participants to use to collect donations. These envelopes can be returned to our office after the event is over, and we will process all donations, deposit, and issue tax receipts.
- Poster template for you to use to advertise your event.
- Wristbands that can be sold at your event as an additional way to raise funds. The wristbands are often sold for $2 each or simply for any donation.
- Names and contact information for some of our preferred vendors for services such as: Graphic design, Printing, T-shirts/hats/memorabilia design and production.
If you’re not quite ready to submit your event idea, and would like to speak with us please contact Solveig Janitis at 519-645-8855 x225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.