Donate to support research for Duchenne muscular dystrophy treatments and cure
Finding a cure and treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy requires an ongoing investment into research, which is at the heart of everything Jesse’s Journey does.
Giving to support Jesse’s Journey is easy, and you can choose which option is best for you. We outlined ways that you can contribute as an individual, leverage employer programs for matching, and leaving a legacy through our planned giving program.
Here are some ways you can give to support Jesse’s Journey:
- Donate online
- Donate by mail – to donate by mail, please make cheques payable to “Jesse’s Journey” and send to PO Box 5099, London ON, N6A 4M8
- Monthly Donors – A monthly gift regardless of its size provides Jesse’s Journey with a reliable source of funding for research. If you would like to make a monthly donation please contact the office at 519-645-8855 and we will send you a pre-authorization debit form.
- Matching Gifts – The impact of your gift to Jesse’s Journey may be doubled or possibly tripled! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift from your employer, complete, sign, and send it with your gift. We will do the rest.
- Employee Volunteer Grants – Employee Volunteer Grant Programs recognize employees and retirees for the good works they do in their personal time, by volunteering in their communities. Employees and retirees who donate a certain number of hours per year to a charitable organization can apply for that organization to receive a donation from the company. RBC, Scotia Bank, 3M, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers are Employers who participate in Employee Volunteer Grant Programs. If your company has this kind of program, you can request an application.
Leave a Legacy
Our Planned Giving Program gives you the opportunity to make a gift to ensure a strong future for Jesse’s Journey. Here are some planned giving options:
- Bequest in Will – the most common and easiest way to make a planned gift is a bequest in a will. A planned gift through a bequest may significantly reduce, by means of a charitable tax receipt, the tax payable on your final income tax return. Click here for Sample Will Wording (PDF)
- Life Insurance, RRSP’s and RRIF’s – Gifts of a new or existing life insurance policy can be made naming Jesse’s Journey as the beneficiary. This support builds towards a sizeable gift in the future by making relatively small premium payments today. Jesse’s Journey can also be named as the beneficiary of a RRSP or RRIF.
- Gifts of Stock, Securities, Bonds and Mutual Funds – The Government of Canada has eliminated the capital gains tax on the charitable donation of publicly listed securities. Now you can reduce the tax paid on capital gains when the securities are donated directly to Jesse’s Journey instead of selling the securities first. Click here to access the Share Transfer Authorization Form (PDF)
Leaving a gift to Jesse’s Journey in your will is simple. Speak to your lawyer about drafting or revising your will or adding a codicil. Letting us know that you have made a bequest allows us the opportunity to thank you today and ensure that your gift can accomplish what you would like it to. Gift Confirmation Form (PDF)
To find out more about options that interest you, please contact Wendy Sanderson-Culley at 519-645-8855 ext.227 or by email at email@example.com