Donate to support research for Duchenne muscular dystrophy treatments and cure
Finding a cure and treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy requires an ongoing investment into research, which is at the heart of everything Jesse’s Journey does.
Here are some ways you can give to support Jesse’s Journey:
- Donate online
- Donate by mail – to donate by mail, please make cheques payable to “Jesse’s Journey” and send to PO Box 51, STN B, London ON, N6A 4V3
- Monthly Donors – A monthly gift regardless of its size provides Jesse’s Journey with a reliable source of funding for research. If you would like to make a monthly donation please contact the office at 519-645-8855 and we will send you a pre-authorization debit form.
- Donate a Car – Donate a Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Jesse’s Journey. Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to Jesse’s Journey through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Jesse’s Journey to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, our charity will send you a tax receipt and will put your gift to good use.
- Matching Gifts – The impact of your gift to Jesse’s Journey may be doubled or possibly tripled! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift from your employer, complete, sign, and send it with your gift. We will do the rest.
- Employee Volunteer Grants – Employee Volunteer Grant Programs recognize employees and retirees for the good works they do in their personal time, by volunteering in their communities. Employees and retirees who donate a certain number of hours per year to a charitable organization can apply for that organization to receive a donation from the company. RBC, Scotia Bank, 3M, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers are Employers who participate in Employee Volunteer Grant Programs. If your company has this kind of program, you can request an application.
Leave a Legacy
Our Planned Giving Program gives you the opportunity to make a gift to ensure a strong future for Jesse’s Journey. Here are some planned giving options:
- A gift in your will – the most common and easiest way to make a planned gift is a bequest in a will. A planned gift through a bequest may significantly reduce, by means of a charitable tax receipt, the tax payable on your final income tax return. Read Sharon’s story about leaving a legacy through a gift in her will. Click here for Sample Will Wording (PDF)
- Life Insurance – While life insurance is most often used to provide for loved ones in the future, it can also be used to “insure” a philanthropic legacy. A gift of life insurance can be a way to enjoy tax benefits throughout your lifetime and can provide a meaningful gift to charity. There are several options available: purchase a new policy and name Jesse’s Journey as owner and beneficiary, transfer ownership and beneficiary status of an existing policy, or donate a paid-up policy that you no longer need. Click here to read Al and Anne’s story about leave a legacy through a gift of life insurance.
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) and Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) – Jesse’s Journey can be named as a beneficiary of an RRSP or RRIF
- Gifts of Stock, Securities, Bonds and Mutual Funds – The Government of Canada has eliminated the capital gains tax on the charitable donation of publicly listed securities. Now you can reduce the tax paid on capital gains when the securities are donated directly to Jesse’s Journey instead of selling the securities first. Click here to access the Share Transfer Authorization Form (PDF) or to donate securities online, click here and search for Jesse’s Journey.
You can make a difference today by leaving a gift that plans for tomorrow – because today, somewhere in Canada, another family has learned that they are in a race against time. Estate planning can be complex, and we encourage you to discuss your plans with a lawyer, a financial planner, and your family. If you do not have a financial planner, please click here to access the Advocis website where you can search for a professional who is right for you. Please consider informing us of your decision to leave a legacy so that we can recognize your generosity in a way that is personally meaningful to you. Please fill out the Gift Confirmation Form.
To find out more about options that interest you, please contact Megan Zinn at 519-645-8855 ext.222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org