Thanks to you – our donors and supporters, Jesse’s Journey has been the leading funder of Duchenne research in Canada for the past 25 years. Through your support, researchers from around the world have made great strides, working towards increasing the quality and longevity of life for people living with Duchenne. The pipeline of potential treatments has never been so full of promise, and we invite you to learn about this year’s research investments.
We hosted a virtual event on Monday, May 25, 2020, to unveil our new research grant recipients for 2020. Watch the full recording below and click here to learn more about our research investments.
- “25-Year Anniversary Reflection” by John Davidson, Founder of Jesse’s Journey
- “25-Year Landscape of Duchenne Research in North America” by Pat Furlong, Founder of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- “Overview of Jesse’s Journey Research Funding Advisory Committee (RFAC)” by Nicola Worsfold, Director of Research and Advocacy at Jesse’s Journey
- “Impact of Jesse’s Journey Research Funding” by a current grant recipient, Dr. Ronald Cohn, President and CEO of The Hospital for Sick Children – SickKids
- “Unveiling the Research Grant Recipients for 2019/20” – Dr. Lisa Hoffman, RFAC Chair
Our vision is a world free from the physical and emotional anguish of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. We know we can get there, and we know that research is the key. We also know this: if research doesn’t get funded, it doesn’t happen.
On behalf of the thousands of Canadian families who are in a race against time to slow down and stop this devastating disease, we thank you for your continuous support.