Register for the Defeat Duchenne Family Forum – Canada’s only national educational event for people living with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and their family members.
Presented by PTC Therapeutics and in partnership with BC Children’s Hospital, this is the fourth Family Forum hosted by Jesse’s Journey, providing the opportunity for you – families and caregivers navigating the Duchenne journey – to come together with researchers, clinicians, and industry professionals for a weekend full of education, inspiration, and hope. More than that, the Family Forum provides a support network. A connection opportunity for families to know that they are not alone, and together we can defeat Duchenne.
Friday, November 20 – Sunday, November 22
The Defeat Duchenne Family Forum will be a content-packed, three day, 100% virtual event, unlike anything we have done before. Thanks to our sponsors, the event is FREE to attend for those living with Duchenne and their families across Canada, community partners and health care professionals.
While nothing can replace the support and sense of community when coming together in person, the health and safety of you – those living with Duchenne and family members – is our top priority. With that said, we didn’t let COVID-19 stop us from providing access to the information and support you want.
To provide a great online experience, we are using Whova – an award-winning event app for the Defeat Duchenne Family Forum. Whether you use the app on your phone, tablet or PC, this program will enable you to participate and interact more actively, build connections with families and leaders from across Canada, provide timely event information, personalize your agenda, and much more!
STEP #1: Register for the event
• Click the button below
• Complete the registration form and once finished you’ll receive a confirmation email
STEP #2: Accessing the platform
• Once you’re registered, go to the Whova event page: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/ddff1_202008/sign_up
• Enter the email that you registered with, add a password, and you’re all set to sign in
• To access the platform moving forward, click the button below (Tip: bookmark this page to easily find and access the platform in future!)
STEP #3: Setting up your profile
• Once logged into Whova, click “My Profile” (top right corner on the desktop version) or “Edit My Profile” (top left corner on the mobile app)
• Add your favourite picture, about you and your connection with Duchenne, etc. This will allow other attendees and speakers to get to know you and help facilitate conversation before and during the event.
If you get stuck at any time, you can refer to the Whova registration guide (see button below) or email Rochelle ten Haaf, our Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, we’re proud to offer the Defeat Duchenne Family Forum at no cost, but we still need your support to help #DefeatDuchenne.
Make a donation to support vital research, advocacy, and education by completing the form below.